Hi, my name is Jeremy, I am a friendly professional musician from England. In addition to my teaching, I am a classical and jazz pianist playing with a variety of ensembles from orchestras to trios.
Curriculum Vitae and References are available on request. Testimonials are available below.
I teach, and have taught, all ages and abilities, classical, jazz and contemporary styles of piano in a relaxed and friendly environment. Whether playing for fun or wanting structured lessons to pass ABRSM and TRINITY exams to distinction, I tailor my lessons to each student!
I aim to encourage students to develop at their own pace to play with musicality and confidence. I guide my students step by step to learn new skills and set weekly homework practice tasks. I provide students with a solid grounding in technical and stylistic aspects of piano playing, together with an understanding of cultural and historical contexts, and general musicianship.
My primary concern is to make lessons as enjoyable as possible, as I believe this stimulates learning. My teaching style is relaxed and flexible. However, I am a firm believer in the premise, 'practice makes perfect', and that progression facilitates enjoyment of the instrument. So all my students are encouraged to practise regularly.
Learning to play the piano has many benefits: it can improve concentration, develop and strengthen memory, and improve mental and physical co-ordination. It also offers a deep sense of personal achievement, enjoyment and self-fulfilment.
Music Theory lessons are mainly based around the ABRSM syllabus for those wanting to take the exam or just broaden their music theory knowledge. I also cover topics from the AQA and OCR syllabus for those taking A Level or GCSE Music, as well as teaching Advanced Music Theory for BA Music students.
Composition lessons are aimed at students, studio owners, songwriters and anyone starting out or aspiring to compose. I can provide GCSE, A Level and BA Music composition lessons. If you are looking into composition as a hobby, no formal music education is required. During the series of lessons, you can choose to cover any or all of the topics I offer.
Prices and Information
Please note, I am offering current students one free lesson for every person referred to my studio. I look forward to teaching your friends as well and I hope to create a musical community for us to make music together in.
Good luck with your lessons and I hope you enjoy all the musical activities to come!
60 minutes 480kr inkl. moms
45 minutes 380kr inkl. moms
- Beginners - There are no starting requirements and I am happy to take complete beginners in all courses offered.
- Intermediate to Advanced - Post Grade 8 and DipABRSM students are welcome for all courses offered.
- University - Music students are welcome for all courses offered as well as drop in sessions or consultations on coursework.
- I offer Skype/Zoom/Facetime lessons which are mainly suited to music theory and composition.
- Extended lessons are available on request.
- I am DBS checked, a member of the Musicians’ Union (PLI), and an Advanced First Aider with St John Ambulance.
- I have a 100% exam pass rate.
- I am available to teach from my studio located in central Lund, or travel to you (within Lund if scheduling allows).
- Lessons can be taken in either English and Swedish.